- To make herbal medicine a natural choice for all.
To gain the highest recognition for Research and Development of herbal products that meet the exacting needs of both patients and industry, through innovative scientific research and productive partnerships.
The Mandate of the center is to:
- Conduct and promote scientific research relating to the improvement of plant medicine;
- Ensure the purity of drugs extracted from plants;
- Undertake or collaborate in the collation, publication and dissemination of results of research and other useful technical information;
- Establish where necessary botanical gardens for medicinal plants.
- Cooperate and liaise with the Ghana Psychic and Traditional Healers' Association, Research Institutions & Commercial organizations in any part of the world in matters of plant medicines.
- Training of foreign students, herbalists and medical interns for KNUST
This Committee is to assist the Centre to administer its funds and to help in the efficient running of its Administration.
- Audit Reports Implementation Committee (Agric)
- Research Committee
- Budget and Finance Committee
- Scholarship Committee
- Plant Inspection
- Disciplinary committee
- House Committee
- Editorial And Publications Committee
- Board Of Survey
- Appointment And Promotions Committee
- Loans Disbursement Committee
- Procurement Committee